WHERE: At home, in my favorite comfy couch which gives me a gorgeous view of Utrecht, or our hotel room, if we’re traveling.
WHEN: Every morning, unless there’s no wifi (happened in Miltenberg, Germany).
WHY: To start my day smiling while scrolling through my Instagram feed.
For today’s Tech Tidbits Tuesday, I want to share with you 20 of my favorite Instagram accounts. (I’m currently following 223, so it was actually quite difficult to narrow it down to 20!)
2. @natgeotravel National Geographic Travel has absolutely awe-inspiring photos. This account is for travelers and dreamers alike!
3. @geosteinmetz Both National Geographic and National Geographic Travel feature photos from professional photographers; I love George Steinmetz’s aerial photos. (His full name is not his user name; I wonder if he chose Geo, or had to settle for it since his full name was already taken by someone else!)
4. @instagram I love their contests! Just entered the WHP (Weekend Hashtag Project) #WHPstandstill with this video from Zandfoort in the Netherlands!
5. @nomadiclifestyleorg When I first started my blog, I started to follow other travel bloggers. One of the first was Nomadic Lifestyle; I love their photos from all over Europe.
6. @buddythetravelingmonkey I mentioned Buddy The Traveling Monkey in yesterday’s post: I entered and actually won one of their giveaways! Buddy makes a special appearance in many of their photos! Very cute mascot!
7. @marissatejada Marissa is a New Yorker currently living in Greece. I lived in Greece for 4 years and visit quite often; I love seeing photos of familiar and not so familiar places! Would love to meet her in person when I visit Greece this summer!
8. @davestravelpages Dave is fairly new to Instagram, and needs some Instagram loving! I first started following him on Facebook. I was quite touched by his blog post about a group of students he Skyped with to tell about his travels. They sent him Thank You cards, and he was quite touched. Here is that post: Bliss Charity School—Thank You Class One!!
9. @thetwoscoops I haven’t been following The Two Scoops for very long, but I love that all of their photos are circular shaped, like scoops of ice cream! According to their profile, the two women “bonded over their love of good gelato”!
10. @kevinplaisier84 Kevin lives in the Netherlands. I love both his photos of places throughout the Netherlands and his morning and afternoon pick-me-up messages!
11. @visit_holland Since I’m currently living in the Netherlands, of course I follow Visit Holland! I’m keeping a list of all of the places I still need to visit before we move back to the US!
12. @australia Australia has been on my “bucket” or “must see” list for as long as I can remember. Every photo they post makes me smile!
13. @thecrazyplatelady Love her hand-painted plates. According to her profile, she’s the resident artist at the Ritz-Carlton, Toronto!
14. @yumikitagishi I love the little illustrations that are often pictured on nails! What fun!
15. @dariustwin This account with light-art photography by Darren Pearson is so unique. I keep asking myself, “How did he do that” and if you visit his website, you can find out how!
16. @flora.forager Bridget Beth Collins is a botanical artist who creates beautiful pieces from mainly flowers and leaves. Here's one of my favorites, the photo of her Florabet!
17. @stolbyshkin I love his headstand photos. Believe or not, I used to be able to do a no-handed headstand; now, I probably couldn’t even do a two-handed one!
18. @ihavethisthingwithfloors https://instagram.com/ihavethisthingwithfloors I discovered this account through an article about Reese Witherspoon and her favorite Instagram accounts. I’ve been trying to get featured as a regram. Check out my first attempt; the floor at Lombard's Landing restaurant at Universal Studios Florida. Inspired by the many fantastic floors, I’ve been looking down a lot more on my trips.
19. @artwatchers_united It’s so fun to get a peek inside so many museums and galleries. I tried to get featured with this photo that I took of Michelangelo's Madonna and Child in Bruges, Belgium.
20. @travelwithmrst Of course, my account would be at the top of my list, but I decided to save the best for last here today! (Hee, hee!) Check it out if you aren’t already following!
So, those are my top 20 terrific Instagram accounts to follow.
What’s your favorite Instagram account?
Tell me in a comment below and I’ll take a look! Maybe it will make my next Top 20 list!
Teachers: Remember to head on over to Travel with Mrs. T. School Edition, and the post Instagram = Instant Interest to discover some ways to use Instagram photos in your classroom.